"Tux just turned 8 weeks old."
whoopiemcneese said: Let me start this off by saying I agree with 94% of what you say and i get what you're trying to say with the common core pictures but common core actually makes sense. I'm not joking it really does. I can explain too if you'd like
While I appreciate your agreement on other topics, you don’t need to bother explaining your support of Common Core. No matter what you’ll say, I don’t support standardized testing in its current inception, let alone nationalized control of all our testing and eventually curriculum moving forward. I also do not support top-down control of education…or anything else for that matter (except perhaps US national defense.) It does not work, it has not worked. We should be working in the opposite direction where teachers drive curriculum and testing; schools should be overseeing those teachers; districts should evaluate those schools; and states should oversee those districts. The federal government should have no say in public education.
Furthermore, Common Core is more than it appears. Watch this series, which I believe actually gives the most accurate detail from everything I’ve read or seen about the system. If it still hasn’t changed your mind, then please let me know.
Pretty much the only argument they got left.
Just like how Right-Libertarians claim that that the corruption and greed of modern Capitalism, isn’t truly Capitalism. Or how Conservatives deny the right of women to regulated abortion despite accepting backstreet abortions, or see the state as an executioner akin to the God they often venerate and exclude from open comparisons. It happens in all ideologies, because it’s true in most respects.
• There’s nothing wrong with greed in capitalism.
• Conservatives do not “deny the right of women to regulate abortion,” because there is no such “right.” Furthermore, Texas and other conservative states just passed a bunch of regulations on abortion clinics. Liberals proceeded to throw a bunch of fits as well as tampons. Wendy Davis even did some filibustering in a little pair of tennis shoes. It was quite the spectacle. I believe your poor sentence syntax is to blame on that statement though.
• “Despite backstreet abortions.” Don’t be stupid. Illegal abortions are rare as rare can be, especially the “backstreet” variety.
• “or see the state as an executioner akin to the God they often venerate and exclude from open comparisons." Do you even know what you wrote? Anyway, if you condone murdering the innocent unborn while protecting the guilty murderers and rapers, I think you probably know how slimy your convictions really are.
• “It happens in all ideologies.” Communism and liberalism may be an ideology; conservatism, however, is not. ”Conservatism is a way of life based on human experience, knowledge, reasoning, and faith." - Mark Levin
Do you realise how self-contradictory you sound?
1) if you were reading correctly, then you would’ve noticed that I was referencing to a common Right-Libertarian argument in protection of Capitalism; which states that Greed is bad. You should probably take that up with them.
2) ‘Conservatives do not “deny the right of women to regulate abortion,” because there is no such “right.” Furthermore, Texas and other conservative states just passed a bunch of regulations on abortion clinics.’ - my poor syntax? It’s either that, or you’re not reading my words properly again. I stated that you were denying the right to regulated abortion, not to regulate abortion 😂. Please tell me that you noticed how you defied your own point by claiming that there isn’t a right to regulated abortion? And you do realise that the intent of those Conservative regulations is to further restrict use as well?
3) ‘“Despite backstreet abortions.” Don’t be stupid. Illegal abortions are rare as rare can be, especially the “backstreet” variety.’ - 😂…*long sigh of pity*.
4) ‘if you condone murdering the innocent unborn while protecting the guilty murderers and rapers, I think you probably know how slimy your convictions really are.’ My ‘slimy’ convictions? What about the fact that Conservatives condone saving the unborn, but killing off the adult population through either restricted rights (abortion) or the death penalty?
5) if you truly believe that Conservatism is not an ideology, then you can believe that. Most Conservatives would disagree, as would most Theorists and intellectuals though.
1) It’s not my fault you don’t understand free market capitalism. I don’t know how many ways to explain this, but…
Business runs on profit. This is the concept that individuals want to obtain personal gain from offering products or services in the open market. This is how business has run for centuries because it is the most natural of concepts. Any outside concept is not accordant to human behavior. You are a fool to believe otherwise.
2) But no one is denying anyone any right to regulated abortion, are we? We’d prefer that there was no abortion, true; but we are not denying anything. In fact, we’ve just added more regulation, which I thought you libs loved so much, to abortion to make them safer, which I would assume you would also want.
I stand by my point, there is no such thing as a “right” to an abortion.
3) I’d love to see your sources on the number of the “backstreet” abortion phenomenon or better yet, the mythical “coat hanger" abortions. You and I know those are both bullshit talking points, unless you’re really that clueless…which I’m starting to deduce.
4) “What about the fact that Conservatives condone saving the unborn”
Wow, when you say it like that, saving the unborn sounds atrocious. Yes, we’re truly condemnable for wanting to save babies. How horrendous. How terrible. How absolutely uncalled for.
"…but killing off the adult population through either restricted rights (abortion) or the death penalty?”
Wait, so by punishing murderers and rapists with a death penalty for their heinous crimes is somehow worse than saving the innocent unborn? Are you really making this argument?
And restricting abortion does not equate killing people, you completely absurd buffoon. That’s the ultimate pro-choice myth of all time.
5) “Most Conservatives would disagree, as would most Theorists and intellectuals though.”
Well, thank god you are considered none of the above.
Stop wasting my time.